Staying in is the new going out. While at home, why not start a bit of spring cleaning starting with your closet. A somewhat overwhelming task, we are sharing a few tips to help you master the mess!
Empty out your closet.
- Take out EVERYTHING. Yes, this sounds extreme, but it’s necessary.
- Wipe down shelves, racks, and anything else.
- Vacuum/Clean floor
- From the stack of clothing, remove this seasons clothing
- Dry-clean any items that need it
- Store clothing in airtight bags/containers
- Make a “donation” pile for items you know someone else will appreciate more than you do
- Toss clothing that shows too much wear/tear
Add in new shelf-dividers.
- Or add other organizational pieces to help better organize your apparel.
Organize your clothing.
- Put all of the same type of item together (pants, skirts, tops…)
- Within those stacks, organize by color (all pink tops together, etc…)
Return your clothing to the closet.
- Finally, when returning your clothing to the closet, keep all hangers facing inward. Why? After you wear item(s), face the hanger outward. Easy way to visually see what you’ve worn & what are your favorite pieces.